I'm a product guy. And I get things done.
I've worked on a variety of teams, directly responsible for getting dozens of software applications built. Mostly those are small teams trying to get a new product from zero to one. I've done every role — I've been the manager of the dev team, the pusher of the spreadsheets, and the guy who puts his headphones on and codes for hours on end. Honestly I enjoy the whole process.
I contract with a variety of companies, but mostly local startups, helping to build applications that are fast, robust, and scalable, with a heavy emphasis on unit testing. I seek out long term relationships with companies where I can make a significant impact augmenting their existing development team.
- Currently (Winter 2017/2018) rebuilding and consolidating the API for a local high-growth startup that's starting to feel growing pains with their existing API. The new API is written in the latest node.js with ES7 async/await, leveraging Swagger / OpenAPI for API validation and documentation. Tests and coverage in jest. The API also integrates with Kong as an API gateway for consolidated authentication and rate limiting. All of this is deployed to Google Cloud Platform using Kubernetes.
- Built the initial product of a new startup (end to end) from a repeat entrepreneur. I had a lot of leeway on the technology stack and I've chosen a mobile-friendly Server-Rendered React application. The API is GraphQL using Apollo's frameworks with TypeScript throughout. Unit and integration tests in jest as well as some e2e smoke tests using cypress. Deployments are handled via Circle CI to AWS ECS into a Docker Swarm. Launching soon!
- Created a custom WYSIWYG editor using React, Redux, and Immutable.js for a Boston startup - a core component of their product. The editor uses Draft.js for rich text editing where necessary, but is otherwise built from the ground up. Unit tests in enzyme with mocha. The code is available to view on Github.
- Worked with a very small team within a Fortune 100 healthcare company as a primary architect to create a web and mobile app for consumer health and wellness. Our chosen stack includes React Native ( iOS and Android), react.js for web ( ES6), node.js, MongoDB, Neo4j, and RabbitMQ. All of this is architected with a microservices approach in the company's first secure HIPAA compliant AWS deploy. Watch the Promo Video on YouTube
- Lead development of a Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse front end visualization project for a large national non-profit. Flexible configuration supporting multiple charting and templating libraries served through node.js (on Windows Server / IIS ) and backbone. Setup continuous deployments orchestrated with Jenkins up to AWS EC2 Instances.