I'm a product guy. And I get things done.
I've worked on a variety of teams, directly responsible for getting dozens of software applications built. Mostly those are small teams trying to get a new product from zero to one. I've done every role — I've been the manager of the dev team, the pusher of the spreadsheets, and the guy who puts his headphones on and codes for hours on end. Honestly I get excited at the whole process.
I contract with a variety of companies, but mostly local startups, helping to build applications that are fast, robust, and scalable, with a heavy emphasis on unit testing. I seek out long term relationships with companies where I can make a significant impact augmenting their existing development team.
- Created a custom WYSIWYG editor using React, Redux, and Immutable.js for a Boston startup - a core component of their product. The editor uses Draft.js for rich text editing where necessary, but is otherwise built from the ground up. Unit tests in enzyme with mocha. The code is available to view on Github.
- Worked with a very small team within a Fortune 100 healthcare company as a primary architect to create a web and mobile app for consumer health and wellness. Our chosen stack includes React Native (iOS and Android), react.js for web (ES6), node.js, MongoDB, Neo4j, and RabbitMQ. All of this is architected with a microservices approach in the company's first secure HIPAA compliant AWS deploy. Watch the Promo Video on YouTube
- Assisted a fast growing Boston startup by building several POC apps as potential new products and design patterns for the company. Projects included an Angular 2 / TypeScript application for both client rendering and leveraging Angular's dependency injection pattern for server side logic.
- Created an admin interface to a local startup's SaaS product in Angular 1.x, leveraging the application's existing API. Unit tests in Jasmine.
- Lead development of a Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse front end visualization project for a large national non-profit. Flexible configuration supporting multiple charting and templating libraries served through node.js (on Windows Server / IIS ) and backbone. Setup continuous deployments orchestrated with Jenkins up to AWS EC2 Instances.