- Macbook Pro Retina (purchased after I hosed the screen on my old Lenovo on a trip to DC by putting it in my checked baggage – oops!)
- I also have a custom built PC desktop, running Windows 7 64bit as the base OS, but using Virtualbox to manage a couple custom Windows environments for clients, and to boot into Ubuntu.
- Sublime Package Manager
- Sublime Linter (with jshint installed via node.js)
- Visual Studio
- .NET MVC for server-side development
- SQL Server Compact Toolbox (for local integration testing using SQL CE)
- iTerm 2
- p4merge for diff / mergetool in git
- Personal (private) projects on bitbucket
- Public projects and a lot of the work I do for clients on Github
- Balsamiq Mockups for wireframes / IA diagrams
- Google Chrome (and related debuggers) for primary development - currently using the dev channel version for offline packaged-app API support.
- XAMPP / MAMP anytime I need an apache environment for some reason. Mostly when interacting with a WordPress site
- MongoHub (Mac Only) for a nice MongoDB gui
Plugins / Packages / Libraries
- backbone.js as my primary front-end framework
- express.js for node server-side MVC framework
- backbone-nested on a couple projects to handle nested backbone models a little easier.
- Mongoose for MongoDB support in node.js
- RequireJS for module amd support client side
- NUnit for .NET testing (using the built-in Resharper test runner)
- PetaPoco for a micro ORM in .NET to SQL Server
- Ninject for Dependency Injection
- Jade templating engine on the new stuff, both in backbone and in node. Underscore’s templating engine on my older projects.
I’m sure I’m missing stuff. That’s good for now though.